Which Presidents visited what Disney Parks?
Len Testa & Jim Hill start off this week’s show by talking about Walt Disney World’s Swan and Dolphin’s decision to switch over from WDW’s bus system to Mears. Then they welcome their special guest, Smithsonian museum specialist Bethanee Bemis, who talks about Disney theme parks and the American Experience.
Over the course of this episode, listeners will learn about:
- Which former Commander-in-Chief has a “Lunar Flight Certificate” from Disneyland among his presidential papers
- Why would the shops & restaurants at Epcot really love to see Guests be able to park-hop around the WDW Resort again
- How did Japanese locals react when “Meet the World” opened at Tokyo Disneyland back in April of 1983
- Why was Richard Nixon -- try as he might -- unable to attend WDW’s Grand Opening in October of 1971
- How does Walt Disney’s “Carousel of Progress” reflect some of the social changes that have happened in America society since this theater-go-round attraction first opened at the New York World’s Fair back in April of 1964
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices