News! And in our main segment, we talk to Smithsonian museum specialist Bethanee Bemis about Disney theme parks and the American Experience.
Len Testa starts out this week’s show with an enthusiastic review of Foxx Nolte’s “Boundless Realm” book, which takes its readers behind-the-scenes at the Haunted Mansion. Then Jim Hill concludes his Disney Princesses in the Parks series by talking about how WDW’s New Fantasyland project changed course in mid-construction
Over the course of this episode, listeners will learn about:
- How Don Bluth’s history with the Mouse House makes it somewhat problematic to try & turn the title character of Fox’s “Anastasia” into a Disney Princess
- Why -- in a recent survey that the WDW Resort sent out -- is Disney asking questions like “Are you a grandparent?”
- How many times did Ben -- a “Snow White’s Scary Adventure” superfan -- get to ride the WDW version of this dark ride before it closed in May of 2012
- Why are WDW Cast Members who work at “it’s a small world” big fans of the Tangled Toilets
- How is COVID-19 derailing the Disney Vacation Club’s plans when it comes to persuading people to purchase points at the Riviera Resort